Local Events & Resources
Gull Lake Sewer & Water Announcement
Announcing receipt of $1.2 Million dollar grant from the DEQ to inspect all piping, manholes and lift stations, evaluate condition and predict replacement and costs. Click for more information.
Often, residents have questions concerning the construction, refurbishment and maintenance of roads within the Township. They also inquire about the working relationship between Ross Township and the Kalamazoo County Road Commission. This article is intended to respond to those inquiries.
Read "Roads of Ross Township" Article
Many snowbirds will be heading South before long. Some practical tips for you to consider are: have our Police check your house on a regular basis, stop delivery to your mail and paper boxes, contract with someone to clear your driveway and walkway to the house. Stop in at the Township Office to fill out a Property Check for our policeman.
The Augusta/Ross Twp. Fire Department will be having their Annual Show August 17, 2019 (rain or shine) at the Augusta Village Park. Show Time is 1:00-5:00 pm. Registration for "showing your car" is $15.00 (early preregistration $10.00 before August 14, 2019). "No refunds". The proceeds from the show benefit Children's Activities & Fire Prevention for Ross Township. The Fireman's Association will have their delicious Pork BBQ Dinners available. For information see www.facebook.com/RossAugustaFD/ or call (269) 731-4414.
SPRING CLEAN-UP: Spring Clean-up is here and residents will be getting the out-of-doors looking nice. You can ask for a burning permit by calling the Township Office (731-4888). There is no charge or fee for a permit. Burning shall be limited to the period of each day from dawn to dusk and must be attended by a responsible person. Please call or stop in at the Township Office for a complete copy of the regulations.
HARDING'S COMMUNITY REWARDS: Sign up at www.hardings.com to help benefit your Fire Department. Follow the on-line instructions to register. The more you spend, the more your organization earns.
KCRC Roadside Vegetation Policy
Recreation Plan - Adopted:
Gull Lake Association
If we can't find you - we can't help you. Consider purchasing a reflective address marker for $12 from the Fire Dept. Order one today ... it may help save your life or someone you love. Stop by the Township Office to place your order for a marker.
United States Department of Agriculture
Grant Program and Loans at one percent available. 504 Single Family Housing Home Repair Program for eligible low income home owners. For more information www.rd.usda.gov/programs-services/single-family-housing-repair-loans-grants/mi or call 269-657-7055.
Well Water Testing
- Have you tested your well water lately? It's easy. Sterile sample bottles are available at the Ross Township offices or at B.E.S.T. Labs, Inc., 8760 Gull Rd., Richland, MI 49083.
Gull Lake Quality Organization
- The Gull Lake Quality Organization is an all-volunteer organization. Our mission is to address concerns and provide education regarding the use of natural resources of the Gull Lake Watershed. glqo.org
Kalamazoo River Programs
- The Kalamazoo River Watershed "TMDL" plan and information about many other projects can be found at: www.kalamazooriver.net
- This watershed boundary map provides information on local surface water runoff patterns, locations of storm drains and the down-gradient water body that may be impacted if rainfall or snow melt becomes polluted with oil, lawn chemicals, failed septic systems or animal/pet waste. Watershed Boundary Map
- The Davis Creek Watershed planning effort is described at: www.theforum.org/davis
- Information about the nonprofit Kalamazoo River Watershed Council can be found at: www.kalamazooriver.org
- The nonprofit Four Township Water Resources Council website is at: www.ftwrc.org
St. Joseph River Programs
- The St. Joseph River Watershed Management Plan can be found at: www.stjoeriver.net/wmp/wmp.htm
- The Rocky River Watershed Management Plan can be found at: www.stjoeriver.net/wmp/docs/RRPlan.PDF
- The nonprofit Friends of the St. Joseph River Association, Inc. are located at: www.fotsjr.org
- The St. Joseph River Basin Commission can be found at: www.sjrbc.com
Other Partners & Contacts
- Environmental Literacy in America: www.neetf.org
- Gull Lake Association owns, operates, and maintains, the dam which forms Gull Lake, Michigan www.gulllakedam.org
- Halt Poverty: www.haltpoverty.org
- Identify the Causes of Biological Impairments: www.epa.gov/caddis
- Kalamazoo County Gis Parcel maps: kalcounty.com/planning/gis.html
- KZooLakes.com is a unique source of information for many publicly accessible Kalamazoo County Lakes (Michigan): www.kzoolakes.com
- McKay Library www.mckaylibrary.org/
- Michigan Department of Transportation Storm Water Education and Outreach Materials www.michigan.gov/stormwatermgt
- Protecting Water Resources with Higher Density Development: www.epa.gov/smartgrowth/water_density.htm
- Public service information is a new Web-based tool from the State of Michigan to provide users with a searchable map displaying the locations of more than 10,000 points of interest across the state, including public libraries, township halls, state parks and emergency services. www.mcgi.state.mi.us/milocator/default.aspx
- Sherman Lake and Watershed Association: www.Shermanlakemi.com
- The City of Kalamazoo Wellhead Protection Team website is at: www.kalamazoocity.org/portal/water.php
- The Kalamazoo Nature Center website is: www.naturecenter.org
- Wild Ones, Native Plants, Natural Landscapes: www.for-wild.org
12086 M-89, Richland, Mi 49083
• Mon-Thur 9-4:30
• Memorial Day, May 28
• Independence, Day Jul. 4
• Labor Day, Sep. 3
• Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 21 at noon
• Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 22
• Christmas Eve, Dec. 24
• Christmas Day, Dec. 25
• New Year's Day, Jan. 1