Welcome to Ross Township
The Parks Committee will be having a work day May 18th from 9 am to Noon. Volunteers are welcome to assist in getting the Park ready for opening. If interested please contact the Township Office 731-4888 so we can plan on your help in assigning work areas.
UPDATE The Cemetery Committee will be having two work days. Friday, April 19th Day Cemetery 11:30 am - 2:00 pm and Friday, April 26th Yorkville Cemetery 11:30 am — 2:00 pm. Volunteers are welcome to come help.
Come when you can, leave when you must.
Ross Township is a General Law Township located in southwest Michigan in Kalamazoo County.
It is located approximately halfway between the cities of Chicago, Il and Detroit, MI just north of Interstate 94. Established in 1839 Ross is one of 15 Townships in Kalamazoo County and contains almost 36 square miles of land and water. Ross is bordered to the North by Barry Township (Barry County), to the South by Charleston Township, to the East by Bedford Township (Calhoun County), and to the West by Richland Township. According to the latest US Census 5,012 people now call Ross Township home. Ross Township is also home to the Village of Augusta.
The mission of Ross Township is to:
- Provide a safe environment in which to live
- Maintain and enhance the rural character and quietude of our community
- Protect all the natural resources
- Respond to the needs of the Township with respect and concern
- Uphold and enforce the Local, State, and Federal laws
- Planning Commission Meeting April 22, 2019 - 7 PM
- Parks & Recreation Committee May 2, 2019 - 6 PM
- Law Enforcement Committee May 20, 2019 - 7 PM
- Township Board Meeting May 21, 2019 - 7 PM
12086 M-89, Richland, Mi 49083
• Mon-Thur 9-4:30
• Memorial Day, May 27
• Independence, Day Jul. 4
• Labor Day, Sep. 2
• Thanksgiving, Nov. 27 at noon
• Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 28
• Christmas Eve, Dec. 24
• Christmas Day, Dec. 25
• New Year's Day, Jan. 1