Welcome to Ross Township
Proposed Local Watercraft Control – Gull Lak
Winter 2020 Tax Payment Options
As we work together to limit in-person transactions and help stop the spread of COVID-19, we encourage you to mail your winter tax payment or take it to the drop box located by the entrance door at the Township Office. If you pay in person please have your check prepared prior to arrival or have the exact amount for a cash transaction.
Ross Township is a General Law Township located in southwest Michigan in Kalamazoo County.
It is located approximately halfway between the cities of Chicago, Il and Detroit, MI just north of Interstate 94. Established in 1839 Ross is one of 15 Townships in Kalamazoo County and contains almost 36 square miles of land and water. Ross is bordered to the North by Barry Township (Barry County), to the South by Charleston Township, to the East by Bedford Township (Calhoun County), and to the West by Richland Township. According to the latest US Census 5,012 people now call Ross Township home. Ross Township is also home to the Village of Augusta.
The mission of Ross Township is to:
- Provide a safe environment in which to live
- Maintain and enhance the rural character and quietude of our community
- Protect all the natural resources
- Respond to the needs of the Township with respect and concern
- Uphold and enforce the Local, State, and Federal laws
- Planning Commission Virtual Meeting Zoom Information January 25th - 6 PM
- Planning Commission Virtual Meeting Notice January 25th - 6 PM
- ZBA Mtg. February 10th Virtual Meeting Notice - 5:30 PM