Welcome to Ross Township
Office Closed May 15, 2019 12:15 – 2 p.m.
The Parks Committee will be having a work day May 18th from 9 am to Noon. Volunteers are welcome to assist in getting the Park ready for opening. If interested please contact the Township Office 731-4888 so we can plan on your help in assigning work areas.
Ross Township is a General Law Township located in southwest Michigan in Kalamazoo County.
It is located approximately halfway between the cities of Chicago, Il and Detroit, MI just north of Interstate 94. Established in 1839 Ross is one of 15 Townships in Kalamazoo County and contains almost 36 square miles of land and water. Ross is bordered to the North by Barry Township (Barry County), to the South by Charleston Township, to the East by Bedford Township (Calhoun County), and to the West by Richland Township. According to the latest US Census 5,012 people now call Ross Township home. Ross Township is also home to the Village of Augusta.
The mission of Ross Township is to:
- Provide a safe environment in which to live
- Maintain and enhance the rural character and quietude of our community
- Protect all the natural resources
- Respond to the needs of the Township with respect and concern
- Uphold and enforce the Local, State, and Federal laws
12086 M-89, Richland, Mi 49083
• Mon-Thur 9-4:30
• Memorial Day, May 27
• Independence, Day Jul. 4
• Labor Day, Sep. 2
• Thanksgiving, Nov. 27 at noon
• Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 28
• Christmas Eve, Dec. 24
• Christmas Day, Dec. 25
• New Year's Day, Jan. 1