Local Events & Resources
Gull Lake Sewer & Water Announcement
Announcing receipt of $1.2 Million dollar grant from the DEQ to inspect all piping, manholes and lift stations, evaluate condition and predict replacement and costs. Click for more information.
Often, residents have questions concerning the construction, refurbishment and maintenance of roads within the Township. They also inquire about the working relationship between Ross Township and the Kalamazoo County Road Commission. This article is intended to respond to those inquiries.
Read "Roads of Ross Township" Article
Rain Barrel Sale
Did you know lawn and garden watering can make up nearly 40% of total household water use during the summer? And you can collect over 300 gallons of water from a 1,000 square foot roof during a half-inch rain storm. Hurry, sale ends May 10! Recycled rain barrels start at $45 each in four color choices. This special discounted price is being offered through a grant from Freshwater Future to the Kalamazoo River Watershed Council. Limit one discounted barrel per household; additional barrels can be purchased at $53.50 each. Order online at kalamazooriver.org or print an order form from the website and mail in your payment. Pick up your order on May 17 from 11 am - 3 pm at WMU's Community Gardens (1940 Howard St, Kalamazoo).
Harding's Market has an "E-Scrip Community Card" which can benefit the Ross-Augusta Fire Department. When making your purchases at Harding's the cashier will swipe your E-Scrip Community Card. Harding's Markets will contribute up to 4% to our Department every time you use your card. What a great way to help your Fire Department. Stop by the Township Office to pick up a card or stop by any Harding's Market. This is at no cost to you to participate.
KCRC Roadside Vegetation Policy
Recreation Plan - Adopted:
Annual Haunted House
Our 2016 Annual Haunted House will be held October 29, 2016. .
Annual Car Show
The 13th Annual Car Show will be held August 20, 2016 at the Augusta Village Park.
Gull Lake Association
If we can't find you - we can't help you. Consider purchasing a reflective address marker for $12 from the Fire Dept. Order one today ... it may help save your life or someone you love. Stop by the Township Office to place your order for a marker.
Well Water Testing
- Have you tested your well water lately? It's easy. Sterile sample bottles are available at the Ross Township offices or at B.E.S.T. Labs, Inc., 8760 Gull Rd., Richland, MI 49083.
Kalamazoo River Programs
- The Kalamazoo River Watershed "TMDL" plan and information about many other projects can be found at: www.kalamazooriver.net
- This watershed boundary map provides information on local surface water runoff patterns, locations of storm drains and the down-gradient water body that may be impacted if rainfall or snow melt becomes polluted with oil, lawn chemicals, failed septic systems or animal/pet waste. Watershed Boundary Map
- The Davis Creek Watershed planning effort is described at: www.theforum.org/davis
- Information about the nonprofit Kalamazoo River Watershed Council can be found at: www.kalamazooriver.org
- The nonprofit Four Township Water Resources Council website is at: www.ftwrc.org
St. Joseph River Programs
- The St. Joseph River Watershed Management Plan can be found at: www.stjoeriver.net/wmp/wmp.htm
- The Rocky River Watershed Management Plan can be found at: www.stjoeriver.net/wmp/docs/RRPlan.PDF
- The nonprofit Friends of the St. Joseph River Association, Inc. are located at: www.fotsjr.org
- The St. Joseph River Basin Commission can be found at: www.sjrbc.com
Other Partners & Contacts
- Environmental Literacy in America: www.neetf.org
- Gull Lake Association owns, operates, and maintains, the dam which forms Gull Lake, Michigan www.gulllakedam.org
- Halt Poverty: www.haltpoverty.org
- Identify the Causes of Biological Impairments: www.epa.gov/caddis
- Kalamazoo County Gis Parcel maps: kalcounty.com/planning/gis.html
- KZooLakes.com is a unique source of information for many publicly accessible Kalamazoo County Lakes (Michigan): www.kzoolakes.com
- McKay Library www.mckaylibrary.org/
- Michigan Department of Transportation Storm Water Education and Outreach Materials www.michigan.gov/stormwatermgt
- Protecting Water Resources with Higher Density Development: www.epa.gov/smartgrowth/water_density.htm
- Public service information is a new Web-based tool from the State of Michigan to provide users with a searchable map displaying the locations of more than 10,000 points of interest across the state, including public libraries, township halls, state parks and emergency services. www.mcgi.state.mi.us/milocator/default.aspx
- Sherman Lake and Watershed Association: www.Shermanlakemi.com
- The City of Kalamazoo Wellhead Protection Team website is at: www.kalamazoocity.org/portal/water.php
- The Kalamazoo Nature Center website is: www.naturecenter.org
- Wild Ones, Native Plants, Natural Landscapes: www.for-wild.org
12086 M-89, Richland, Mi 49083
Click for weather forecast
• Mon-Thur 9-4:30
• Memorial Day, May 29
• Independence, Day Jul. 4
• Labor Day, Sep. 4
• Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 22 at noon
• Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 23
• Christmas Day, Dec. 25
• New Year's Day, Jan. 1